What is Periodontal disease?
Periodontal disease affects the gums, bone and other supporting tissues of the teeth. Signs are not always obvious as the disease can progress painlessly, sometimes bleeding gums, loose, moving or gaps developing between teeth or bad breath are warning signs.
If you have concerns Rajan would be happy to offer you a periodontal consultation.
The first stage in treating periodontal disease is the consultation appointment. which involves a detailed examination of the gums , x-rays if necessary and a lifestyle investigation to highlight risk factors. Once all the information has been collected a plan for treatment can be devised. It usually involves a course of non-surgical therapy. This is intensive cleaning under the gums into the pockets (gaps between the teeth and gums), under local anaesthetic to provide a clean tooth surface and allow the gums to re-heal. With more advanced disease micro-surgery is sometimes required, this is very delicate surgery where the gum is gently lifted to allow access to the root surfaces, and if appropriate regeneration products can be used to restore lost bone…sometimes we coincide the appointments with our hygienist for scaling/debridement .
We are pleased to announce that Rajan Nansi has joined our team at Holywell House and will be offering Periodontal therapy appointments. All perio treatment will be on a private basis.
He is able to offer treatment for the following fees:
- Assessment £85.00 (if X-rays are taken this is an additional £85.00)
- Surgery starts from £350.00 – a full and accurate quote will be given on the assessment appointment.
- Full Mouth Disinfect (approx 2 hours) prices start £500 and an individual quote will be given
- Reassess and maintenance after approximately 3 months – £125
- Reassess and maintenance after approximately 6 months – £125
- Final Reassessment after approximately 9 months – £125
If you require any further details please contact one of our receptionists by phone/email.